In my works, I magnify some elements during the working process: the erasure of colour, the relationship between positive and negative spaces, and the space inside and outside the canvas. Normally, I use ‘ white’ as a force to expand unlimited space or as a emptiness to fill all the colours by imagination. Also ‘ white’ could refer to the white of exhibition space, gesso and the normal canvas. Because of this, it opens far more possibilities to transfer the undefined space inside and outside of my paintings.
For the other colours and stripes, they serve as multiple roles within complicatedly interactive layers and transition between positive/ negative spaces. They are the main body that constructs the base for the whole picture, while they are too supporting roles that step by step build up the existence of negative space.
I put emphasis on space variation and richness as well. I intentionally put lights on ‘ Boundaries’
‘Alignment’ , and ‘ Colour saturation’ to capture the space not belonging to anywhere, a grey area.
Guiding audience through the lines and strokes, the picture gets audience dive in spiral vision and
transfer to another layer of space slowly. That even include in multiple canvas, the expansion to
actual space we are standing at. More than expressing narratives through picture inside canvas sidelines, my work tries to construct the way to interpret ideas through the interaction of out and inside canvas.
- 2018 Wun Gù Jhih Sin Haǒ Yoǔ Mí Lù III, Tamsui Shell Warehouse, New Taipei, Taiwan
- 2018 TNUA 33rd Fine Arts Graduation Exhibition: Shao Zòng Ji Shì Baǒ, Underground Museum, Taipei,
- 2018 Wun Gù Jhih Sin Haǒ Yoǔ Mí Lù I, Tamsui Plaza, New Taipei, Taiwan
- 2018 World of Two Souls: 11th Exhibition of Young Artists, Soka Art Tainan, Tainan, Taiwan
- 2017 The 7th Project One Group Exhibition, Zuiju Gallery, Taichung, Taiwan
- 2018 Art Taichung, Millennium Hotels and Resorts, Taichung, Taiwan
- 2017 Art Taipei, Taipei World Trade Center Exhibition Hall 1, Taipei, Taiwan